Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Core Cards Creative Frenzy

Core'dinations is having a DT call for a card maker and since I love their products so much I decided to try out.  One of my favorite things about their cardstock is the different color core.  You can do so many things with it but my favorite is to emboss and then sand it.  It is very heavy and makes a great base cardstock as well, so don't think you have to do anything besides use it. Here are my three cards

Whitewash Card
For my first card I chose this beautiful Whitewash cardstock, I love this paper and wish I could get it locally. Unfortunately I can only get it from the US and I have only been able to get a bit, but now that they have 6x6 pads I will be able to get it shipped in.  I really love working with the Whitewash, it is so soft and elegant.



Supplies used:
  • Victoria CB Folder
  • Spellbinders Flying Beauties
  • Core'dinations Whitewash
  • Core'dinations Cardstock (teal)
  • Core'dinations Pearl Cardstock
  • Pearls


 Faux Criss Cross Card
In the DT post, Core'dinations specifically mentioned that they were looking for people to create cards using A2 card bases.  Even though I don't have Core'dinations card bases I challenged myself to start with an A2 card base.  For this card I made a faux Criss Cross card from an A2 base.  I used regular Core'dinations cardstock for the card pocket, some Black Magic for the belly band, and some Whitewash for the cupcake embelishment



Supplies used:
  • Core'dinations Cardstock (White, Teal)
  • Core'dinations Whitewash
  • Core'dinations Blackmagic
  • Spellbinders Big Scallop Circles
  • Spellbinders Lacey Ovals
  • Martha Stewart Swirling Lace Punch


Flower Card
I made a flower card for my final card, because I wanted to show a tutorial on the flower.  I made a video for Crop Chocolate but I never made a step by step tutorial so I thought I would combine them together.  I love making these flowers, and they are very versatile.  I have used them on boxes, cards, scrapbook pages, and even altered items.


Here is the video tutorial I made for the flower, it was my first time doing a video and I remember having to do it over three times. Thankfully I later learned how to edit them, I don't think I would have ever done another.



Step 1:
Cut three flowers of the same shape but in different sizes (I used Spellbinders Blossom 2)


Step 2:
Emboss the flowers (I used CB folder Victoria)


Step 3:
Sand the embossing (this brings out the core color of the Core'dinations)


Step 4:
Cut the flowers between the petals, about a 1/2" for the larger flowers a bit less for the smaller ones


Step 5:
Curl the petals of the flowers up, you can use a bone folder, something round or just your fingers

 Step 6:
Glue each layer together, try to offset the points of the petals between layers.  Add an embellishment to the center  you can use a button, brad, or another flower.




Supplies used:

  • Core'dinations Cardstock (white, light and dark purple)
  • Spellbinders floral flourishes
  • Spellbinders Blossom 2
  • Spellbinders Flower Bouquet Miniabilities
  • Twine

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial. Gonna try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards, the cardstock with its soft colours and the tutorial. You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful technique! Love the cards you've made with it!!!!! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete