Our challenge for this month was to create a project based on a song. I decided to a layout based on Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlise. I had these really cute pictures of my daughter taken with some butterflies and this seemed like the perfect challenge to create a layout for them.
Here is the layout
and here is a closeup of the swirl I created using Liquid Pearls
The are actually easy to make and here are the instructions and a video if you would like to try it yourself.
- Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky "Perfect" Butterflies Paper
- Liquid Pearls
- White Ink
- Card Stock
- Rhinestone Template
- Take a rhinestone template and lightly attach to the paper (note I used painters tape, and removed some tackiness by sticking it on my shirt first)
- Sponge a slightly contrasting ink over the holes of the template, you want this to be fairly light but contrasting enough to see the marks.
- Squeeze liquid pearls on the marks left behind from the template, try to match the size of the marks as well.
- When you have applied all of the liquid pearls gently tap the paper to remove the "peaks" left behind the pearls and round them out.
- Let dry and use on your project, note I cut mine out but you don't need to.
Spellbinders flying beauties
MME Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky "Perfect" Butterflies Paper