Monday, December 30, 2013

Use your scraps challenge

I made this birthday card for the Cuttin' and Stampin' use your scraps challenge.  It's hard to believe that my beautiful niece is turning one, but she is (cant' believe how time flies).  This card is made entirely from scraps including the card base (it was left over from the snow flakes on the gift card holders).  I made about 4 different butterflies before settling on this one,  it didn't seem right to emboss, or ink it, just seemed better plain, even though CAS is not my thing I just went with what works.




Supplies used: Unity Stamps, Core'dinations shimmer cardstock, Spellbinders flying beauties, Sizzix Emobssing Folder

10 comments:

  1. Corrie, this is beautiful. You have such an eye for beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the butterfly against the embossing. Just right. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes simple is best, although I will admit to having a hard time leaving cards alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS design, Corrie. Really fun embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the butterfly against that embossing. So soft and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant and simple card. Nicely done. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this CAS design, very elegant! I have trouble keeping cards simple sometimes, less can be more...this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete