Friday, December 23, 2011

Gate Fold Card

Every Christmas and special occasion my husband and I make each other a gift.  Sometimes its a mini album, or a card but we try to make something special for the other one.  I love that my husband takes the time to make me something special although he usually complains its not as nice as mine.  This year I think my husband is trying out do me.  He made me a 6x6 Easel Card and even put a present that opens inside of it.  He took my idea for the snowman and ran with it, notice that the man has a Windsor knot on his tie!  Here is his card:


Here is the card on the inside with the present that opens (there was a special message for me)



For my card to him, I decided to make a gate fold card, I don't know what this kind of opening is called but it really looks nice and is now one of my favorites.  The ovals are attached on opposite sides and come together to lock the card closed.


Card opening

Products used:
Spellbinders Ovals
Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals
CTMH Stamps and ink


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I love the idea of you making gifts for each other. Your husband sure does an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete